Sunday, August 2, 2009

Am I classified as a Class C Misdemeanor offenser? if I pleaded "no contest" for a BadCheck of $25.?

I was arrested and did not know why until the officer informed me of the offense I had commited. I had used a check at Walmart for $25 with insufficient funds in my account. Not knowing the transaction never took place, I canceled my account. I got released from jail with a $500 bail bond. Two months after, I went to court for the same reason where I was advised it was best for me to plead "No-contest", I did and the judge dismissed my charges...I paid the $25 and court fees. They returned me the $500 bail bond fee within weeks. Now I want to apply to become a FireFighter in Austin, TX and the possible disqualifications are having been convicted for Misdemeanor offenses other than minor traffic offenses. I am confused...I do not know what to do. Please help!


I researched on the web and it says "Class A misdemeanor for Bad Checks" in others it says it is not even a Class misdemeanor. So what is it? and Do i qualify for the FF? or not?


Thank you and God Bless you in this new 2008!


Karim

Am I classified as a Class C Misdemeanor offenser? if I pleaded "no contest" for a BadCheck of $25.?
If the judge dismissed it in return for payment, then it is possible that you do not have a record.


I recommend that you contact the court to see what you were convicted of, if anything.


I do not recommend that you lie about it. If you are disqualified for lying on a civil service application, that disqualification will follow you on every application that you submit, if they check backgrounds.


Do it right the first time.
Reply:Don't put it on the application. They will do a background check. If they don't want to hire you because of it, what are you going to do about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment