Sunday, August 2, 2009

I want to buy a benz and I need to know the difference Kompressor, 4Matic and plain 240 all of C-Class?

Kompressor is Benz-speak for supercharged. 4Matic is AWD. 240 is 2.4L engine.





I'd buy a VW, myself. I think they are more fun to drive. Especially turbocharged.

I want to buy a benz and I need to know the difference Kompressor, 4Matic and plain 240 all of C-Class?
I'm assuming that you are referring to the W203 Series C-Class (2000-2007).





First of all the C240 has a V6, 2.6L normally aspirated engine (according to Mercedes Benz nomenclature this generally should have been C260, but don't ask me why!).





The Kompressor does the same function of a turbocharger; forced induction - however as far as I know, the Kompressor is available on the C180 and C200 only (Both 1.8L straight-4 engines).





4MATIC is the all wheel drive system. As I read on this (below) wiki article, its only available on the C240 and C320.
Reply:The kompressor is a supercharged mercedes, though I've not heard that you have aC240 kompressor, only C180 %26amp; C200kompressors exist. The kompressor does the work of a supercharger and its different from a turbocharger, because it is BELT driven.


4Matic is an All-Wheel Drive version of a Mercedes model and the plain C240 is a normally aspirated 2.6liter V6 engine.(this should have been a 2.4liter engine, the E class i.e E240 is a 2.4liter engine, but they have their ways in Mercedes) No supercharger, no Turbocharger


No comments:

Post a Comment