Friday, July 31, 2009

Does anyone know what type of mobile phone will fit the cradle in my 2005 mercedes c class ?

I checked the booklet and it seemed to indicate a nokia 6310i which I duly purchased from e-bay but it doesn't fit ?

Does anyone know what type of mobile phone will fit the cradle in my 2005 mercedes c class ?
Mercedes no longer sells phones. They were such a pain that benz has gone with a bluetooth interface. No mercedes specific handsets are available at this time (trust me I work for a dealer and we cant even get them). You more than likely have a v60 cradle in your center console. I suggest looking up a picture of a v60s and comparing it to your cradle. If it is a v60 cradle you can either purchase a v60s handset or a bluetooth dongle from benz. The dongle is a bluetooth transmitter/receiver that is shaped like a v60 and can be inserted in the v60 style cradle. Any phone with bluetooth capability can then be connected to the c-class phone system. Good luck.
Reply:Did you buy a used Nokia 6310i that was out of a Mercedes or just a standard 6310i? The reason I ask is that MB contracts Nokia to make phones for their cars. In that process, Nokia designs an interface that is compatible with the MB radio system. It will differ slightly from a standard Nokia 6310i and will not work with your MB unless it has the MB interface. The connectors are different and sometimes that battery housing differs as well.


Be sure to buy a MB- Nokia made phone. Otherwise, it will not work with your car.


Hope this helps you.


No comments:

Post a Comment